The Moraine Quilt Guild in York Region was founded in September 2000 by a small group of friendly quilters with the purpose of sharing their knowledge and skills through meetings, workshops and outreach initiatives. Our Guild is comprised of 70 members and our gatherings are held year-round as noted in the program list below.
We meet in the hall of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, located at 484 Water Street, Newmarket, Ontario. Meetings take place usually on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 1:00pm-3:00pm, with an informal “social sew” from 9:30am-12:30pm. Guests are welcome to join us for a nominal fee of $5.
- Sept. 12: All day “Social Sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm.
- Sept. 16-21: Annual guild retreat at Killbear Provincial Park (full)
- Oct. 3: Trunk Show with guest Clodagh of The Quilt Store
- Nov. 7: Trunk Show with guest Kerry Burke of Simple Bird Studio
- Dec. 5: Pot Luck lunch, Quilto game, members’ show & tell
- Jan. 2: All day “Social Sew” for Outreach quilts , 9:30 am-3:30 pm.
- Feb. 6: Member Trunk Show with Diane Ferguson PLEASE NOTE: MEETING CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
- Feb. 20: All day “Social Sew” and Pot Luck Lunch, 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Mar. 6: Scrap Busting Demos
- Apr. 3: Trunk Show with guest Cathy Vickers
- May 1: Member Trunk Show with Chris Oliver, AGM & Approval of New Exec.
- June 5: Special Show by Guild Executive members / Demos – TBA
- July 3: All day “summer social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Aug. 7: All day “summer social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm