The Moraine Quilt Guild was founded in September 2000 by a small group of friendly quilters with the purpose of sharing their knowledge and skills through meetings, workshops and outreach initiatives. Our Guild now numbers over 60 members and our gatherings are held year-round as noted in the program list below.
We meet at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, located at 484 Water Street, Newmarket, Ontario. Meetings take place on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 1:00pm-3:00pm, with an informal “social sew” from 9:30am-12:30pm. Guests are welcome to join us for a nominal fee of $5.
- Sept. 13th: All day “social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm. PLEASE NOTE change of date!
- Sept. 18th-22nd: Annual guild retreat at Killbear Provincial Park (full)
- Oct. 4th: Trunk Show with guest Anita Cunningham
- Nov. 1st: TBA
- Dec. 6th: Members’ Show & Tell and Holiday Pot Luck lunch
- Jan. 3rd: All day “social sew” for Outreach quilts , 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Feb. 2nd: Member trunk show
- Feb. 15th: All day “social sew” and Pot Luck Lunch
- Mar. 7th: TBA
- Apr. 4th: Trunk show with guest Celeste Compion of Meerkat Trading
- May 2nd: Trunk show with guest Carla Canonicao, Editor of Needle Pulling Thread
- June 7th: Member trunk show and year-end Pot Luck Lunch
- July 4th: All day “social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Aug. 1st: All day “social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm