The Moraine Quilt Guild was founded in September 2000 by a small group of friendly quilters with the purpose of sharing their knowledge and skills through meetings, workshops and outreach initiatives. Our Guild now numbers over 60 members and our gatherings are held year-round as noted in the program list below.
We meet at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, located at 484 Water Street, Newmarket, Ontario. Meetings take place on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 1:00pm-3:00pm, with an informal “social sew” from 9:30am-12:30pm. Guests are welcome to join us for a nominal fee of $5.
- Sept. 7th: All day “social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Oct. 5th: Trunk Show of Landscape Quilts with guest Pat Reynolds
- Nov. 2nd: Trunk Show of Miniature Quilts with guest Martha Schellingerhoud
- Dec. 7th: Members’ Show & Tell, Pot Luck lunch, and “Quilto” game
- Jan. 4th: All day “social sew” for Outreach quilts , 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Feb. 1st: Member trunk show or demo – TBA
- Feb. 15th: All day “social sew” and Pot Luck Lunch
- Mar. 1st: Member demo day on quilting tools
- Apr. 5th: Trunk show on the use of panels, with guest Patti Carey
- May 3rd: Trunk show of star quilts, with guest Leianne McCallum
- June 7th: Member trunk show or demo – TBA
- July 5th: All day “social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Aug. 2nd: All day “social sew”, 9:30 am-3:30 pm